the chicago debriefing

I’m back! After spending five days in Chicago, I’m plum exhausted. The trip was mostly about work, but I had plenty of down time to eat and drink and have an all around good time. My husband spent the first few days with me, and we had a blast playing tourist.

In the spirit of keeping it short and sweet, I’m sharing some photos from the trip. I think they’ll speak for themselves.

(Like my friend Jen (of Last Night’s Dinner) does with her Weekend Eats (And Drinks) posts, if you click on the pictures, it will take you to my Flickr stream where you can learn more about each image.)

fountain

purple flowers

chicago bean

john barleycorn

beers at john barleycorn

stained glass bistro

fish and gnocchi

eleven city diner

eggs

view from john hancock bulding

field museum

star of siam

chard and kindle

view from hotel room

hot doug's: sausage superstore

hot doug's menu

hot doug's hotdog

spiaggia menu

risotto with sea urchin & caviar

veal-filled pasta

8 Responses to “exploring grand teton national park”

1. Heather — July 6, 2014 @ 6:51 pm

These pictures are gorgeous! Even more reason to visit national parks! (Also, have you seen the Ken Burns national parks documentary? It’s really great.)

2. Robyn Stone — July 7, 2014 @ 7:59 am

We loved our trip out there a few years back and your photos have me ready to plan another really soon! The views are absolutely breathtaking. On our trip, we only spotted one moose and it was between Yellowstone and Grand Teton. We’d watched for him for two weeks and it had to have been one of the highlights of our trip! Can’t wait to read about the rest of the trip!

3. Mallory — July 7, 2014 @ 8:02 am

The picture of Jackson Lake…beautiful! Well, actually – they are all amazing, but boy, Jackson Lake is so stunning!

4. Jennifer Annan House — July 7, 2014 @ 9:13 pm

Great pictures. They make me want to go back! What a wonderful adventure for your family!

5. Kathryn — July 8, 2014 @ 6:48 am

Such simply stunning images – adding it onto my (already too long) list of places to visit!

6. Paula — July 8, 2014 @ 8:43 pm

Such breathtakingly beautiful Vistas and you captured them wonderfully. Lovely post and your children look do happy and comfortable in the amazing environment!

7. Pingback: The Merry Gourmet yellowstone national park and old faithful | merry gourmet

8. Pingback: The Merry Gourmet exploring yellowstone national park | the merry gourmet