my austin experience, an iphoneography photo tour

My first trip to Austin was filled with plenty of meetings on gynecologic cancers, a decent amount of networking with some very smart people, productive brainstorming of ideas for work, and plenty of rest. I didn’t have a car, so my time there was limited to what I could explore in the downtown area on foot – except for one night when a good friend took me out for dinner.

I present to you my iPhone photos (mostly) of my Austin experience. My experience, other than meetings? Food.

a cocktail at parkside — the korean spring

fried oysters at parkside.

the meeting

a portrait of me by my friend, Christy, taken at Olivia.

charcuterie at Olivia.

a darn good margarita at la condesa

guacamole tasting

brussels sprouts with bacon and grapes. best sprouts. ever.

cream cheese ice cream

tacos with spinach, giant white butterbeans, salsa verde

12 Responses to “silent sunday: blueberry picking at bluebela farm”

1. 1
    spiceblogger — May 29, 2011 @ 8:26 am

What a fun family day! There is a place close by that I will have to go do my own blueberry pickin’. I love spring and summer!

Hope you’re enjoying your Memorial Day Weekend!
    –shelley

2. 2
    Melanie Flinn — May 29, 2011 @ 8:41 am

What a dream! You are going to be busy cooking with all those berries! Yum.

3. 3
    Gail — May 29, 2011 @ 10:15 am

Those blueberries are making my mouth water. There could be pie in my future!!

4. 4
    Laura — May 29, 2011 @ 10:26 am

Looks like such a nice little family outing! I’m waiting for my backyard blueberries to turn ripe for the picking! Unfortunately, I’m headed up north soon so I worry I won’t be around come harvest time in my neck of the woods. These fresh blueberries look absolutely delicious!

5. 5

What great photos and it looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. Reminds me of picking berries as a little kid with my Grandmother. Happy Sunday!!

6. 6

Takes me back many years to North Carolina and doing the same thing with my kids; we always looked forward to picking a bunch of blueberries to have both fresh and then also freeze for the remainder of the year. Nothing quite like the berries fresh from a farm is there?

7. 7

This is a magical day and I’m so happy that you shared it with us. The blueberries look fantastic and it looks like you had so much fun! Now I can’t wait to see what you do with them.

8. 8
    Ally Lynn — May 31, 2011 @ 2:14 am

What a fun day!!

I’ve been wanting to find U-pick blueberry and blackberry farms around town. Thanks for sharing!

9. 9

What a fun day! I still have fond memories of blueberry picking with my family…your kids will remember these days forever. Can’t wait to see some good recipes!

10. 10
    JulieD — June 1, 2011 @ 6:42 pm

I love it, looks like such fun! I love the new look, MJ. As always, Lindsay does a great job!

11. Pingback: Blueberry Ice Cream Pie | The Merry Gourmet

12. Pingback: The Merry Gourmet slow-cooker summer berry grunt | the merry gourmet