my austin experience, an iphoneography photo tour

My first trip to Austin was filled with plenty of meetings on gynecologic cancers, a decent amount of networking with some very smart people, productive brainstorming of ideas for work, and plenty of rest. I didn’t have a car, so my time there was limited to what I could explore in the downtown area on foot – except for one night when a good friend took me out for dinner.

I present to you my iPhone photos (mostly) of my Austin experience. My experience, other than meetings? Food.

a cocktail at parkside -- the korean spring

fried oysters at parkside.

the meeting

a portrait of me by my friend, Christy, taken at Olivia.

charcuterie at Olivia.

a darn good margarita at la condesa

guacamole tasting

brussels sprouts with bacon and grapes. best sprouts. ever.

cream cheese ice cream

tacos with spinach, giant white butterbeans, salsa verde

6 Responses to “summer adventures, part 1: banff and the icefields parkway”

1. Ethan — July 26, 2015 @ 2:34 pm

I just visited Banff for the very first time last month and I too was overwhelmed and captivated by the sheer size of the mountains and how they are everywhere you look. Thanks for sharing your pics, makes me want to go back and explore some more!

Merry-Jennifer replied: — July 26th, 2015 @ 3:32 pm

It’s such an amazing place, Ethan. I would love to go back, too!

2. Paula — July 26, 2015 @ 2:39 pm

Oh my goodness your photographs are so beautiful!  Your trip to Banff and area sounds breathtaking.  You are like me with heights so I commend you for taking that gondola ride up the mountain.  I wouldn’t have done it.  Love your comment about your two family members who didn’t care for poutine?  Here, during black fly, mosquito and deer fly season we only use the bad bug spray otherwise we’d never get outdoors!  Thanks for sharing, loved this post.

Merry-Jennifer replied: — July 26th, 2015 @ 3:32 pm

Thanks so much, Paula! We had such a wonderful time in this one stunning portion of your country. I’d love to visit again.

3. Abby — July 26, 2015 @ 5:38 pm

INCREDIBLE Photos! <3

4. Lisa Doucet — July 27, 2015 @ 3:39 pm

Thanks for a great post! I’m going to Glacier Nat’l park this year, but hope to catch Banff and Lake Moraine and Louise next year!