finished object: the guernsey wrap

quince and co. lark | the merry gourmet

It all started with the beautiful Quince and Co. Lark yarn, in Birds Egg blue and the Guernsey Wrap pattern by Jared Flood. This was my first time using a chart, but it was a great first chart knitting experience. The pattern is all knits and purls, nothing more.

mj's guernsey wrap | the merry gourmet

mj's guernsey wrap | the merry gourmet

mj's guernsey wrap | the merry gourmet

mj's guernsey wrap | the merry gourmet

mj's guernsey wrap | the merry gourmet

mj's guernsey wrap | the merry gourmet

(More knitting details and my notes are on my Ravelry project page.)

9 Responses to “why I learned to knit”

1. Jenni — January 24, 2015 @ 7:30 pm

More than enough reason to knit. I love that white hat, and the sweater–just lovely! My grandmother taught me when I was five to knit and to purl. She died shortly thereafter, and it didn’t stay with me. I’m sorry I didn’t retain that gift she tried to pass down.

2. Janis — January 24, 2015 @ 7:31 pm

Exactly! Great post sweetie.

3. Lana | Never Enough Thyme — January 24, 2015 @ 9:41 pm

I feel exactly the same when I crochet 🙂

4. You are inspiring! I’ve tried knitting multiple times but it’s not for me. I’ll live vicariously through your creations!

5. Emily — January 25, 2015 @ 10:40 am

Honored and glad to be the impetus for your new hobby! I’m so impressed with your quick progress and looking forward to seeing that sweater!

6. Paula — January 25, 2015 @ 4:43 pm

You are a quick learner and a lovely knitter! I’m so glad that you enjoy it and that you find it very calming and relaxing.

7. Eileen — January 25, 2015 @ 5:14 pm

I crotched a huge blanket for my daughter and gave it to her for Christmas. And then I bought a loom set and made hats and scarves too. There is something therapeutic about learning, making, and giving. I’m not wishing you cold days in Florida, but I hope you get some use out of the hat – it’s too pretty not too.

8. Gail — January 25, 2015 @ 10:38 pm

That round needle scares me. I look at knitting instructions and my eyes glaze over. I feel horribly intimidated and stupid.

9. Cheryl — January 26, 2015 @ 8:29 am

Bingo.
    Bring your hat with you when you come here, you might need it in the mountains. And if not, you will at least blend in with the hipsters.

When my Dad was in chemo the cancer centre had random balls of yarn and needles all over the waiting room. Perfect for nervous hands and hearts.