wordless wednesday: the ichetucknee river

the ichetucknee river on thanksgiving day

ichetucknee river, fort white, florida

17 Responses to “culinary institute of america – the boot camp, day two”

1. Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray — October 7, 2011 @ 11:02 am

Another great post! Glad you had a good experience, food looks gorgeous. PS: I’m TOTALLY jealous. PPS: We all already knew you could cook!

2. Kay@chopstix2steaknives — October 7, 2011 @ 11:54 am

I love reading about your experience and those early waking hours is something that I don’t look forward to as I am not a morning person. Am glad you got what you seek out with going on a 2 day bootcamp course.

3. TikiPundit — October 7, 2011 @ 1:29 pm

Thanks for these two great posts. It’s clear that you enjoyed the experience and it’s also clear that you can write very well. This was a great summary of a tempting expedition for me!

Merry-Jennifer replied: — October 8th, 2011 @ 8:23 am

Thank you so much for that sweet compliment on my writing.

4. Liren — October 7, 2011 @ 1:43 pm

The chef’s whites suit you! And of course you *can* cook, we knew that all along 🙂

5. Macaroni Mama — October 7, 2011 @ 3:10 pm

Sounds like a fun trip!

6. MikeVFMK — October 7, 2011 @ 8:23 pm

Yes you can! What an incredible experience that will no doubt leave you with memories for a lifetime. The chef white’s suit you perfectly!

Merry-Jennifer replied: — October 8th, 2011 @ 8:22 am

Ha ha! Thanks, Mike. 🙂

7. Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite — October 8, 2011 @ 9:02 am

MJ – of COURSE you can cook. What a wonderful post – I felt like I was there with you!

8. Gail — October 9, 2011 @ 10:34 am

I know exactly how you felt at bootcamp. I had the same feeling when I went to culinary school. Such a wonderful experience!

9. Mary Constant — October 10, 2011 @ 7:40 pm

I’m glad that you loved the experience! I have taken some classes at the CIA Greystone and loved them. Both Hyde Park and Greystone are the most beautiful old buildings , both formerly Catholic institutions of one sort or the other. (Greystone was the Christian Brothers Winery)

10. Peter — October 10, 2011 @ 7:43 pm

It was great to meet you, and I’m jealous of your adventures.

11. Adrienne — October 10, 2011 @ 8:03 pm

What an incredible experience! Of course you can cook! You are a woman of many talents.

12. Paula — October 10, 2011 @ 11:05 pm

What a great wrap-up of your experiences on day two. It is clear that you were so much more comfortable finding your way around the kitchen and working with your wonderful team. You all seemed to have jelled together quite easily. Your dish look great, you look wonderful in the whites and your sense of accomplishment from the past two days is evident in your face and in your writing. My son-in-law is a chef and I have always admired the skill level and pure physicality required to work in a professional kitchen. Most patrons in the dining room truly have no idea. Looking forward to what you decide to create with much greater confidence in your own kitchen.

13. Connie — October 11, 2011 @ 8:52 pm

I really enjoyed reading your blog. My husband and I just completed the 5 day boot camp with Chef Bruno. From your menus, it sounds like we cooked the same things. But I can’t imagine doing everything we did in 5 days in only 2! We had so much fun that we are planning to do another boot camp next spring – probably the Bread Boot Camp. This was one of the most fun vacations we have ever had and we loved every minute of it!

Merry-Jennifer replied: — October 12th, 2011 @ 7:03 am

That’s so great to hear, Connie. I’d love to do a 5-day boot camp, but I’d never get my husband to go along with it. I’d have to plan a solo vacation. 🙂

14. Rose — October 12, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

Just got around to reading this along with some other great recipes and stories. This is an amazing blog! One would think you are a professional writer. It is put together so well. I can’t imagine the time and effort you put into this but it’s absolutely beautiful. I will definitely be back! Happy birthday in case I miss it.