how we spent our vegas vacation

Well, we spent it EATING of course. How else?

Okay, we may have done a little gambling (my husband did, anyway), and perhaps a little shopping. I did come home with a cute pair of heels to add to my closet. We had a wonderful time, but Vegas isn’t a place you go for down time – it really IS a city that never sleeps.

It’s nice to be home.

(For more information on each photo, clicking on the photo will take you to my Flickr photostream.)

drinks at encore

botero

bubbly x 2

beet salad

scalloped potatoes

desert at botero

ACDEXNB7N7BT

6 Responses to “summer adventures, part 1: banff and the icefields parkway”

1. Ethan — July 26, 2015 @ 2:34 pm

I just visited Banff for the very first time last month and I too was overwhelmed and captivated by the sheer size of the mountains and how they are everywhere you look. Thanks for sharing your pics, makes me want to go back and explore some more!

Merry-Jennifer replied: — July 26th, 2015 @ 3:32 pm

It’s such an amazing place, Ethan. I would love to go back, too!

2. Paula — July 26, 2015 @ 2:39 pm

Oh my goodness your photographs are so beautiful!  Your trip to Banff and area sounds breathtaking.  You are like me with heights so I commend you for taking that gondola ride up the mountain.  I wouldn’t have done it.  Love your comment about your two family members who didn’t care for poutine?  Here, during black fly, mosquito and deer fly season we only use the bad bug spray otherwise we’d never get outdoors!  Thanks for sharing, loved this post.

Merry-Jennifer replied: — July 26th, 2015 @ 3:32 pm

Thanks so much, Paula! We had such a wonderful time in this one stunning portion of your country. I’d love to visit again.

3. Abby — July 26, 2015 @ 5:38 pm

INCREDIBLE Photos! <3

4. Lisa Doucet — July 27, 2015 @ 3:39 pm

Thanks for a great post! I’m going to Glacier Nat’l park this year, but hope to catch Banff and Lake Moraine and Louise next year!