silent sunday: blueberry picking at bluebela farm

BlueBela Farm

10 Responses to “travel, a reading list, and a smoked salmon appetizer”

1. Jason Phelps — June 3, 2010 @ 5:49 pm

I’m new to smoked salmon for at least consuming it. I’ve know of it for some time but I just couldn’t get over the fact that many selections just don’t look cooked. I tried some in Seattle last week and found it to be much more like cooked salmon in appearance and with a nice smokiness that made me sure it wasn’t raw. What should I be expecting when I go looking for this treat? What other ways might I use it?

Enjoy your trip!

Jason

• merrygourmet

merrygourmet replied: — June 3rd, 2010 @ 6:42 pm

Jason – I found my smoked salmon in the grocery, near the seafood section. It’s prepackaged in little 4 ounce flat packages, ready to be sliced. You could use it as a pizza topping, pair it with eggs, pair it with goat cheese…the possibilities are endless!

2. Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite — June 3, 2010 @ 6:14 pm

Love Megan and Jennie’s sites too – now will add the third to my Reader too!!! Bon voyage!

3. Pingback: Tweets that mention This post is for you. Well not really, but you'll get my drift. :) -- Topsy.com

4. Jennie — June 3, 2010 @ 7:09 pm

Merry Jennifer—thanks for keeping me in such good company, and your support constantly adds a ray of sunshine to my day. I can’t wait to finally meet you this October. Have a great time in Chicago!

5. Liren — June 4, 2010 @ 1:18 am

Merry Jennifer, you are the sweetest! I am so honored to be placed in wonderful company, and I am grateful that you have introduced me to wonderful reads to add to my reader! Have a safe and fun trip to Chicago – this is a beautiful time of year to visit. I have such a soft spot for that fantastic city.

Oh, and smoked salmon + chips? Genius.

6. Magic of Spice — June 4, 2010 @ 1:55 am

This is a wonderful appetizer/snack 🙂 Love, love smoked salmon (actually all salmon) and this is a delightful treat:)

7. s. stockwell — June 4, 2010 @ 11:52 am

Great post! We loved Chicago on our last visit. Great architecture and style everywhere. Thanks and best from Santa Barbara. s

8. jen cheung — June 4, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

hellllllllllo there! found you on foodbuzz! 🙂 your page is lovely! feel free to drop by my page when you have the time! thanks a bunch.

jen @ http://www.passion4food.ca

9. This looks delicious 🙂 Chicago is such a ball– have a great time, despite the work obligations.

So happy to have found your site!