silent sunday: new york city, in photos

the view from my room

sheeps milk ricotta with truffled honey with thyme at locanda verde

poached eggs with cotechino hash, spinach and tomato hollandaise (locanda verde)

a street in soho

grand central station

night view of the city, from my hotel room

the dutch, in soho

drinks at the dutch, soho

inside the dutch

black and white cookie

times square

the mercer kitchen, in soho

the mercer kitchen, in soho

turkey burger with red peppers and fries at the mercer kitchen

the bar at the mercer kitchen, soho

weather up, in tribeca

cheers!

beautiful light as we headed home

16 Responses to “fifteen things I did on spring break”

1. Liren — March 29, 2015 @ 6:24 pm

Sounds like utter bliss. I seriously need to make an effort to fully unplug when we go on vacation this summer. I’m so glad you were able to enjoy every moment, belly flop contents and all!

I imagine you’re already planning the next trip 😉

Merry-Jennifer replied: — March 30th, 2015 @ 6:28 pm

I am definitely already planning the next trip(s)! 🙂

2. Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — March 29, 2015 @ 7:58 pm

Oh how I love every word of this post. It snowed here today. I am over it.

Merry-Jennifer replied: — March 30th, 2015 @ 6:28 pm

Oh, Liz. I bet you are! Wishing for you warm weather soon!

3. Kristen — March 29, 2015 @ 8:41 pm

The very best kind of vacation is one where we can unplug just to reconnect. LOVE this – and the pictures!

Merry-Jennifer replied: — March 30th, 2015 @ 6:29 pm

Thanks, Kristen. Unplugging has become my favorite vacation activity. This summer, we’re traveling to Glacier National Park, and I am SO looking forward to the lack of internet/cell access in the park.

4. Flavia — March 30, 2015 @ 10:14 am

I love this post, MJ and I’m so happy you had a great vacation. We all need these types of vacations at the very least once a year, but more whenever possible. I hope you will keep blogging because so many of us love your writing. xo

Merry-Jennifer replied: — March 30th, 2015 @ 6:30 pm

Thanks, Flavia. xo

5. Cherie — March 30, 2015 @ 4:32 pm

wonderful!!!!

Merry-Jennifer replied: — March 30th, 2015 @ 6:30 pm

Thank you, Cherie! I hope you are well.

6. Pingback: Weekly Wanderings on Fridgg.com

7. Gail — March 31, 2015 @ 8:30 am

This sounds like a perfect vacation.  Perfect.
    Love this, love you.

8. Gail — March 31, 2015 @ 8:32 am

Sounds like a perfect vacation.  Absolutely perfect.

Love this, love you.

9. Eileen — March 31, 2015 @ 9:32 am

I absolutely loved the cruise I went on (better than 10 years ago). I keep saying one of these days. After this cold drawn out winter here in upstate NY I’m more than ready for some warm sunshine. Glad you had the chance to disconnect from the norm for a week and recharge yourself 🙂

10. Jennifer C. — March 31, 2015 @ 2:01 pm

Oh how I love a cruise! I’m glad you did too! Our son started his first year of college in August so we dropped him off in Jackson, MS, then drove down to New Orleans and got on a cruise ship the next morning. It was fabulous and I thought we were so “grown” dropping our only child off at college then taking a cruise. I only freaked when I realized that he wouldn’t be able to call if he needed anything! Oh well…he survived and so did we! It was wonderful. P.S. Port = left (same amount of letters…that’s how I learned).

11. Paula — April 3, 2015 @ 4:29 pm

Isn’t it wonderful how totally connected we become to what/who matters most when we become unplugged!  I’m so happy that this vacation was such a fabulous and restful one for you.  Meeting with you last month will remain the highlight of my time in Florida.  So grateful we were able to make it happen.  Happy Easter to you and your family