a sort-of-silent sunday: the french laundry’s gardens

As October comes to a close, I’m leaving you with a treat on this Halloween. During our trip to Napa, we stayed in the town of Yountville, home of The French Laundry. We didn’t eat there, but I did spend some time wandering through the The French Laundry’s gardens, just across Washington Street, in front of the famous restaurant. It was a stunning garden, and I kept wanting to go back. I was tempted to pick a tomato or a carrot, but I didn’t. I was a very good girl. All I took were photos, and I’m sharing these with you today.

Note: I’m about to hit a very busy stretch at my work for the next couple of weeks that may not allow me much time for cooking, much less photographing or writing about it. Please bear with me in the days of silence that may follow – I’m still around, just taking a short break from the blog while duty calls!

10 Responses to “how we spent our vegas vacation”

1. FrenchPressMemos — June 21, 2010 @ 10:13 am

Vegas, for all its quirks, is a true foodie paradise. Looks like you had some fabulous meals.

2. Liren — June 21, 2010 @ 10:38 am

What a delicious vacation! I haven’t been to Vegas (outside of the airport), but have to admit, the lure of the food is compelling!

3. The Housewife — June 21, 2010 @ 3:26 pm

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you had an awesome time and some truly amazing food!

4. Jason Phelps — June 21, 2010 @ 6:49 pm

What day in June did you get married? I ask because I have a post I am getting ready where I used your gelato recipe from last week. The odd twist is that I was making it to celebrate our 13th anniversary, actually today, and used the Cuisinart Ice Cream maker friends gave us to make it. If you got married on June 21 1997 I would flip!! Now I see your weekend post and think it is just too odd, my post is about our foodie weekend celebrating as well. I’ll send you the link when I get it posted later tonight.

Happy Anniversary!

Jason

• merrygourmet

merrygourmet replied: — June 21st, 2010 @ 8:10 pm

Jason – Ours was June 28, 1997. 🙂

5. SMITH BITES — June 21, 2010 @ 9:14 pm

I’m seriously drooling over the pictures, MJ – fantastic, mouthwatering and gorgeous! I’m w/Liren, have had layovers (last week on the way home from CA as a matter-of-fact) but haven’t really ever been there specifically for food or gambling. This makes me want to go! Happy Anniversary!

6. I think that beet salad is my favorite!!!! I LOVE a good beet salad.

And Happy Anniversary!!! [K]

7. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite — June 22, 2010 @ 7:21 am

See now I have never really felt the attraction of Vegas. Until I saw this post. Foodie paradise indeed 🙂 Happy anniversary and may there be many more to come!

8. Kathleen Seide — June 25, 2010 @ 6:53 pm

Hello Again!

Great photos, glad you had a good time, but the photo of an actual ANIMAL LEG was a bit much for me – you have a strong stomache ; )

9. Magic of Spice — June 29, 2010 @ 10:46 pm

Looks like a great way to spend an Anniversary! Everything looks so wonderful…Great post!