silent sunday: riviera maya, mexico

These images were taken at the Grand Velas Riviera Maya, an all-inclusive resort about 60 miles from Cancun and less than 5 miles from Playa del Carmen.

My wonderful husband, Sam, gets credit for taking about half of the photos you see above, including the one with his toes peeking up in the kayak. I’m trying to figure out how to get him to contribute regularly here on the blog. Wish me luck.

21 Responses to “a new york city weekend”

1. 1
    Winnie — March 20, 2011 @ 10:19 pm

So sorry you lost your camera, but this post and the pictures you do have made me smile…they are so beautiful! Was SO wonderful to meet you and I am so glad you enjoyed your trip ๐Ÿ™‚

2. 2

What lovely photos! It looks as though you had a great trip. I myself am just itching to get back to NYC as I haven’t been since February of 2007! I definitely need to get back there and get tasting some great seafood and sipping on some lovely martinis!

3. 3
    sweetsugarbelle — March 20, 2011 @ 10:34 pm

This looks like heaven. To me NYC is magical. I dream of a visit. It seems like the most wonderful place on earth.

4. 4
    Liren — March 20, 2011 @ 11:45 pm

Sigh, your photos are making me nostalgic and reminding me that its time for me to plan a visit home. So glad you had fun, but so sad you lost your camera!

5. 5
    Ethan — March 20, 2011 @ 11:45 pm

It was a foregone conclusion you’d have a great time! NYC + all the twitter people = amazing!
    Thanks for the pictures (and sorry you lost your camera)

6. 6
    Denise @ Creative Kitchen — March 21, 2011 @ 2:05 am

So happy for you that you had such a great time in NYC with hubby! Couple getaways are SO important & wow…NYC, I can only imagine!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Your photographs are beautiful…I feel like I’m there. Great to see springtime, since I live in South Florida. The camera for me would be a huge bummer….but good for you, trying to roll with it.

Can’t wait to meet you at FBF Orlando in a few weeks. Yes…Twitter is “magic.”

Denise @ Creative Kitchen

7. 7
    Macaroni Mama — March 21, 2011 @ 7:11 am

Great photos!

8. 8
    Brian @ A Thought For Food — March 21, 2011 @ 7:43 am

I am so jealous that everyone got to meet you… looks like you had a wonderful trip filled with good weather and lots of food. Next time, come to Boston ๐Ÿ˜‰

9. 9
    Gail — March 21, 2011 @ 9:05 am

I’m so glad I got to spend a little time with you during this glorious NY weekend!
    We’re all so lucky to have found each other through twitter. I know my life is my better for it.

10. 10
    Lynda — March 21, 2011 @ 11:08 am

New York never looked so beautiful – I wish it were closer to San Francisco! What a wonderful opportunity for you and a well deserved vacation.

11. 11
    Barbara | VinoLuciStyle — March 21, 2011 @ 11:32 am

I guess I need to give NYC another chance. I spent one day there with my daughter and sister a few years ago after a wonderful vacation in Boston. We were tired, it was hot and those two girls decided a trip on the subway to see the Statue of Liberty was on their ‘have to’ list. Next time I’ll follow the beat to my own drummer and check out the city and food places I would love to visit.

Love the pictures…even if fewer than you would have liked!

• mj (merry gourmet)

mj (merry gourmet) replied: — March 23rd, 2011 @ 12:35 pm

You definitely need to give it another try, Barb.

12. 12
    Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — March 21, 2011 @ 1:31 pm

So sorry that you lost your camera… But, glad that you had a good trip otherwise! It was so wonderful to see you again!

Love all of your pictures… They are absolutely beautiful. ๐Ÿ™‚

13. 13
    Amy | She Wears Many Hats — March 21, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

What a fun filled weekend! A tasty one too.

14. 14
    Kenโhungry rabbit — March 21, 2011 @ 8:51 pm

A pleasure to meet you and your hubby over cocktails at Pegu and a delightful dinner with the gang. Promise all of us you will come back soon, real soon.

• mj (merry gourmet)

mj (merry gourmet) replied: — March 23rd, 2011 @ 12:34 pm

I’m going to try my darndest!

15. 15
    tom — March 22, 2011 @ 4:58 pm

wow what a sweet montage, the pics are some of the clearest I have seen, well done, tom

16. 16
    Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite — March 23, 2011 @ 9:13 am

I’ve pored over these pictures and soaked them in. Living vicariously, you know. We should plan this again soon. When I can actually be there! xox

17. Pingback: vacations and baked meatballs | the merry gourmet