silent sunday: seaside, florida, in iphoneography

*   *   *   *   *

Seaside is along Scenic Highway 30-A, between Fort Walton Beach (to the west) and Panama City Beach. It is a heavenly place, pure and simple.

12 Responses to “missing chicago & pistachio cherry icebox cookies”

1. 1
    Chez Us — June 8, 2011 @ 10:52 am

I love the first photo; gorgeous capture of Chicago!! Well, to be honest, I am loving all of the cookie shots as well. The combination of flavors is perfect. I was just telling my god-daughter how I love cherries with a little something nutty. Maybe have to whip these up with her!

Merry-Jennifer replied: — June 8th, 2011 @ 11:17 am

I took that photo from the hotel I stayed in – the W on Lakeshore Drive. It was a stunning view. And yes, you should make these!

2. 2

Looks like a great trip to Chicago, that pork belly does sound amazing! These cookies look great, I love the combination of pistachios and cherries, so pretty!

Merry-Jennifer replied: — June 8th, 2011 @ 11:17 am

Thank you, Rachel!

3. 3

I have to agree that that first shot is stellar! I’ve only had two short visits to Chicago and I just fell in love with city. Glad you had such a wonderful time!

4. 4
    Kate @ Savour Fare — June 8, 2011 @ 2:03 pm

The cookies look divine. I’ve never actually been to Chicago, which seems kind of bizarre if I think about it.

Merry-Jennifer replied: — June 8th, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

You need to go to Chicago. Seriously.

5. 5
    Gail — June 8, 2011 @ 7:23 pm

Nothing better than the combination of pistachio and cherries! Glad your trip was great, even more glad you’re back home getting smothered with hugs & kisses.

6. 6
    Melanie Flinn — June 8, 2011 @ 9:25 pm

Now that we’re just a 7 hour drive from Chicago, we plan to go a couple times this year. It’s been too long since my last visit and I don’t remember any of the good restaurants- only pizza. Might have to refer to this post again!

7. 7
    Chris — June 8, 2011 @ 9:56 pm

Chicago is one of my favorite cities! I thought of you this weekend when they reported on some cancer study findings that came out of the conference there.

Now, I would like some of these cookies, please. 🙂

8. 8
    Mauna — June 8, 2011 @ 10:55 pm

Yeah! I love it when someone likes my hometown! It was great to see you, we are already plotting where to take you guys next time.

9. 9
    Liren — June 9, 2011 @ 5:39 pm

The instant I saw that photo of Navy Pier, I knew you must have stayed at the W. That was the very view we had from our apartment, a block away on E. Ohio…our visitors often parked at the W! How the nostalgia hit me at once!

It’s been some time since i last visited the Windy City – now I can’t wait to go back. Glad you had a wonderful time.