silent sunday: paynes prairie preserve, micanopy, florida

Paynes Prarie Preserve State Park is one of our local gems. Nestled between Gainesville and Micanopy, the prairie is over 22,000 acres and contains amazing wildlife, including alligators, wild horses, bison, and numerous bird species. This trail, the one we walked on this last Saturday in December, is the La Chua Trail. We capped off our 5 mile hike with dinner and drinks at Satchel’s Pizza.

It was a most perfect Saturday.

*   *   *

9 Responses to “silent sunday: a magical disney weekend”

1. 1
    Adriana — June 26, 2011 @ 7:53 pm

The Electrical Parade will always have a special place in my heart. It never gets old! Glad to see you enjoyed the weekend with your beautiful family.

2. 2
    Snippets of Thyme — June 26, 2011 @ 8:01 pm

I spent one of the best days at Disney with my son when he was 12. I’ll never forget it. You guys look like you had a blast. I love the picture of your beautiful kids hugging!

3. 3

Ahh…the most magical place on earth. Looks like you’re having a great trip!!!

4. 4
    LiztheChef — June 26, 2011 @ 8:15 pm

See, aren’t you glad you didn’t send sweet Oliver to us in San Diego? So proud and happy for you, dear one…

5. 5
    jenn s. — June 26, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

Love the family pic with Minnie and Mickey! Glad you guys had a fun trip. Hope to see you all soon!

6. 6
    Macaroni Mama — June 26, 2011 @ 9:42 pm

Wonderful, magical photos!

7. 7
    chinmayie @ love food eat — June 27, 2011 @ 11:23 am

Beautiful photos… good to know you all had a great time 🙂

8. 8
    Caneel — June 27, 2011 @ 11:54 am

Aww – looks like so much fun and good memories! Thanks for sharing them!

9. 9
    Paula — June 27, 2011 @ 8:58 pm

I’m glad your Mom read the comments from your prior post. Perhaps when she is having a tough day, she can come back and read them again and be reminded that she has a lot of understanding and support behind her and maybe that day will get a little better for her.
    Your photos of your trip to Disney are wonderful. You have a beautiful family! I especially love the picture of your daughter with Belle (I think it’s Belle from Beauty and the Beast) Her face is so sweet, a little bit in awe and a little bit shy. Glad you enjoyed your time there.