silent sunday: outstanding in the field

Three years ago, my husband and I attended our first Outstanding in the Field farm dinner. We had such an amazing time at the event, that I’ve been following their events ever since, hoping for a chance to return. This year – last night – we had that chance. The dinner was hosted by and held at the Lake Meadow Naturals farm, and the guest chef was Kevin Fonzo of K Restaurant in Winter Park, Florida.

And, just like that first time, the dinner was a fantastic experience.

outstanding in the field farm dinner | the merry gourmet

outstanding in the field farm dinner | the merry gourmet

outstanding in the field farm dinner | the merry gourmet

outstanding in the field farm dinner | the merry gourmet

outstanding in the field farm dinner | the merry gourmet

outstanding in the field farm dinner | the merry gourmet

outstanding in the field farm dinner | the merry gourmet

outstanding in the field farm dinner | the merry gourmet

outstanding in the field farm dinner | the merry gourmet

13 Responses to “silent sunday: scenes from rosemary beach”

1. Leigh — July 31, 2011 @ 12:42 pm

I’m going to take you along to photo-document all of my vacations from now on. I had no idea you were taking such gorgeous pictures the whole time! I had a blast and miss it already!

2. Liren — July 31, 2011 @ 12:44 pm

Utterly charming…looks like a wonderful time! And mouthwatering, too – that chocolate dipped bacon is calling my name.

Welcome home!

3. tami — July 31, 2011 @ 2:06 pm

Photos of things like a frosty glass of Rose, a bottle of Brancott (there’s one currently in my fridge), shrimp & grits and boiled peanuts has confirmed to me that you are, in fact, related to me. 🙂

So glad to have a chance to share in your wonderful week – thanks for letting us all have a glimpse at your photos.

xoxo

– t*

Merry-Jennifer replied: — August 1st, 2011 @ 7:51 pm

We need to be spending more time together. Seriously.

4. WOW – that looks like the perfect place to take a vacation!! I am noting this one for a place to visit. Your photos are great and the food looks fantastic. That chocolate covered bacon is just simply over the top, but in a good way. 🙂

5. Amy — July 31, 2011 @ 10:02 pm

Beautiful photos! I can’t wait to get to the beach 🙂

6. tina — August 1, 2011 @ 2:41 pm

Beautiful! Could this be the place for our next family reunion?

Merry-Jennifer replied: — August 1st, 2011 @ 7:50 pm

That would be a dream! If we can convince everyone, I’m certain I can find a good house, at a good value.

7. Cooks_Books — August 2, 2011 @ 7:29 pm

The beach … the food … the architecture … the beach. Simply from looking at your photos, I feel like I just took a mini-vacation. Thanks!

8. sweetsugarbelle — August 2, 2011 @ 7:29 pm

Looks like heaven. Mouth watering he whole time! Except boiled peanuts. My bf from Pensacola loves them but I think they taste like half cooked beans lol. Headed to Flickr to enjoy more 🙂

9. Brian @ A Thought For Food — August 4, 2011 @ 8:05 am

Oh how I could use some time like this! Looks so rejuvenating!

10. Pingback: the fleeting summer and a recipe: balsamic roasted summer vegetables | The Merry Gourmet

11. paula hennig — August 13, 2011 @ 8:50 am

The secret is out now! There’s no place quite like the Emerald Coast and I’m lucky enough to live nearby. The shrimp and grits a ya ya at Great Southern are to die for…