silent sunday: monterey bay, california

the pacific ocean, their first time

deer, hanging out at the pebble beach golf course

jellyfish, at the monterey bay aquarium

Photos taken along 17 Mile Drive, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and on the beach at our hotel in Monterey, California.

9 Responses to “louisville, kentucky: lynn’s paradise cafe”

1. Macaroni Mama — September 10, 2010 @ 11:24 am

You hit it on the nail . . .the biscuit, the decor, the photo of Truett and Maddie. I loved that trip!

2. Susi — September 10, 2010 @ 11:52 am

Looks like a wonderful trip with great memories! The cafe looks like a fun place to stop and eat for sure :o)

3. Leigh — September 10, 2010 @ 7:48 pm

I am in love with that sign. It’s the sequins. When they’re NOT on a hideous dress of some sort, they’re so so pretty. I’m glad you had fun! (And I like my grits plain, too. Cheese is overkill.)

4. Jason Phelps — September 10, 2010 @ 9:31 pm

That is definitely one crazy restaurant. But at least you wouldn’t be bored while sitting there!

Jason

5. Gail — September 11, 2010 @ 11:14 am

I love your posts. I do. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when Madeline bit into the bath salt. You two must have been convulsing with giggles!

6. CBR — September 11, 2010 @ 3:10 pm

I SO love cheese grits! Now you have me craving them… Lovely photo of your dad and your daughter. That’s what family travel trips are all about. 🙂

7. Lisa McB. — September 12, 2010 @ 8:00 am

Tea bags? A lamp? How cool is that!?
    P.S. I want grits now as well…

8. Chris — September 12, 2010 @ 10:15 am

I had heard mixed reviews about Lynn’s so we decided to skip the crowd when we went to Louisville last year. The tea bag lamp shade is a hoot. Great shot of your dad and daughter, memories for a lifetime there.

9. ellie — October 8, 2010 @ 11:36 am

i actually am from louisville and i have to say i love lynns! my highschool used to be right down the street so i drove by there everyday on the way to school. that area of town (the highlands) is my favorite. every time im in town i make a point of driving through there at least once. the amazing restaurants, the fun shops, the eclectic people, the laid back vibe, the gorgeous houses… there is just no place quite like it in the city.